Monday, September 3, 2012

2012 Urban MTB Crit

     Red Trail Racings 2012 Urban MTB Crit was by far the best one yet!  The weather was good and the crowd was pumped up for the event.  For those who are not familiar with this race it is one of a kind.  We convert our mountain bikes to road bikes by changing the tires to slicks.  The 2 mile course goes up a parking garage and back down,  over to City Hall and down the entry steps.  From there we go down more stairs to the lake and back up the hill to the parking garage. 
     I was lined up on the front row with the rest of my CycleYouth/LeRoy's Bikeworks teammates but missed clipping in on the start.  The first lap I had to make up about 10 spots but quickly ended up behind Brawley Adams to trade back 1st and 2nd overall.  Brawley and I gapped the field and had a real fun time racing with each other...until..the rain started to come down just enough to make the course slick.  The worst part was in the parking garage where I took a spill toward the end of the race.  Brawley was able to gap me and finished 1st overall.  I ended up 2nd overall and 1st out of 19 in the junior division.  A big shout out goes out to the rest of my team for a great hard fought race -- Sam Connell 3rd, David Jones 4th, Ethan Audette 5th, Jordon Karras 8th and Morgan Connell 9th.



No comments:

Post a Comment