Monday, November 19, 2012

FSC # 8 Alva

Alva has always been a fun and fast course.  This year was no different.  The preride went well as we studied some lines and put a race strategy together.  Using Andy's cornering technique from last summers camp I was able to really rail the hard packed corners.  I felt as if I was flying without even trying.


 I got a good start and went into the woods second, right behind my teammate.  We raced the first lap together and started to gap third through the tighter, twistier sections.  Third place is strong in the open areas and was able to close the gap back everytime.  Third place attacked on the end of the first lap and took over the lead.  On the second lap I got around Adam and started chasing down first.  I never could catch him.  The second lap was shorter and did not include the tighter, twistier sections.  With most of what was left being open ground I knew I had to really hammer it to catch up.  I could see first but just never was able to close in.  I finished in second but really needed the win.  Thanks to the MUDCUTTERS, the trail was in perfect shape for the race!  And THANK YOU to LeRoy (LeRoy's Bikeworks) for the new team helmets.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment